Hey there! As your local Managed Security Service Provider, we felt it was our duty to inform you about the dangers of cyberspace. No, we’re not talking about the dark web or anything like that. We’re talking about the very real danger of viruses and malware that can infect your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
We live in a day and age where we are constantly connected to the internet. We use it for work, school, shopping, staying in touch with friends and family, and so much more. While the internet is an amazing tool that has made our lives easier in many ways, it also comes with some risks. One of those risks is the possibility of contracting a virus or other type of malware.
Malware is malicious software that is designed to delete files, steal information, or take control of your device without your permission. It can be downloaded onto your device without you even knowing it. And once it’s there, it can be very difficult to get rid of. That’s why it’s so important to be aware of the dangers of cyberspace and take steps to protect yourself.
Here are a few tips to help you stay safe:
- Use a trusted antivirus program and keep it up-to-date. Antivirus software will detect and remove most viruses and malware before they can cause any damage.
- Don’t click on links or attachments from unknown sources. If you don’t know who sent it, don’t open it! Malware is often spread through email attachments or links to infected websites.
- Be careful what you download. Downloading files from untrustworthy websites puts you at risk of downloading malware onto your device. Only download files from websites that you trust.
- Keep your operating system and applications up-to-date. If you don’t update your software as soon as new versions are released. You’re leaving yourself vulnerable to an attack. Regularly update patch security holes that hackers can exploit to gain access to your device. So, make sure you’re running the latest versions of everything.
- Backing up your data regularly will help you recover if your device is ever infected with malware. don’t wait until it’s too late to backup your important files! If malware does manage to infect your device, having a backup will help you recover faster.
These are just a few tips to help you stay safe online. For more information on cyber security, please email or give us a call. Stay safe out there!
Cybesion is a Managed IT Security Service Provider, namely providing business grade cyber security protection.